DO YOU QUALIFY FOR DISABILITY BENEFITS? ASK US FOR FREE
CALL US AND FIND OUT – (801) 322-2121
You need to replace your income and we can help. Under Social Security rules, if you are unable to work a full-time job because of a physical or mental impairment, we can help you obtain your disability benefits and you won’t pay a Social Security Disability Attorney fee until we win your disability case.
The Social Security Administration will consider you to be disabled if:
- You cannot do work that you did before;
- You cannot adjust to other work because of your disability; and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
- Additionally, in order to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits, workers over the age of 30 must have acquired worker at least 20 work credits within the ten year period just prior to the occurrence of the disability. The Social Security Administration often calls this rule the “20/40 rule.”
- Supplemental Security Income benefits are different from Social Security Disability benefits. These benefits are known as “SSI” benefits and SSI acts as a supplement to a low monthly SSD benefit. SSI is also for people who have not worked enough to be covered under the quarters of coverage rule to obtain SSD benefits or who have not worked because they are children. In order to be eligible for SSI benefits, you must meet the disability requirements and the income and asset requirements set by the government.
To learn about your rights and legal options, call Cannon Disability Law at 801-322-2121 or call toll-free at 800-732-2323 and speak to one of our disability attorneys today. Our attorneys are admitted in Utah, California, Nevada, Idaho, and other states. We can help you no matter where you live, just contact us.
Qualifying disabilities can be both physical and mental or a combination of both. The disability rules are different for people who are over 50 years old.